I’m not interested in these books, even though they are all on lists of the 100 books you should really read in your lifetime. Not Interested. These are the books that I’ve gotten close enough to to get a whiff of what they are about and what they are like and decided I was not interested. I’m not even sure I’m open to your arguments about why I should want to read them. But you can try.
- Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Ulysses by James Joyce
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
So tell me, why should I care about any of these?